The Begin Mat is a comfortably cushioned, beginner-focused yoga mat that encourages confidence from the ground up. Its reversible and lightweight design features an alignment stripe to help guide poses.
|Standard||1.1kg||172cm x 61cm||5mm|
The Begin Mat has a closed-cell surface, which will never absorb moisture. Because of this, if you are warm/sweaty at all, the mat will feel slippery, so we always recommend pairing it with one of our hand towels to absorb moisture and provide extra traction or to apply our yoga grip gel during practice. For towel guidance read our guide to yoga towels.
Crafted in Taiwan from TPE.
- 1.1kg; 172cm x 61cm; 5mm thick
- 5mm thick for support + cushioning
- Designed to provide the best start to any yoga practice
- Alignment stripe for proper positioning
- Reversible for practice on both side
- Hygienic closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the mat
- Eco-friendly manufacturing
- Pro Tip: We recommend pairing the Begin mat with one of our equa® hand towels or yogitoes® hand towels (read our guide to yoga towels) to absorb moisture and increase grip or improve your grip with our yoga grip gel
New to yoga? Check out the Manduka blog post on first essentials! For further guidance, check out our faqs.
Use & Care
For daily refresh: Keep your mat in the best condition by wiping it down after every practice with the manduka's mat wash and refresh. Use a clean cloth to wipe the mat dry before rolling or using. Never soak, shower or submerge the Begin mat in water.
For thorough clean: Use Manduka's botanical mat cleaner.
For further mat care guidance, check out our mat care guide.
To store: Keep your mat rolled up and stored in a cool, dry place, and away from direct sunlight.
Begin Mats are made from TPE, which is an eco-friendly material made from non-toxic, recycled, biodegradable materials. Recyclable and hypoallergenic, Begin Mats are free of chemical solvents, toxic glues and crafted in an energy-efficient facility in Taiwan.